Frederick G. Markland Associates is a professional Consulting Structural Engineering practice who offer a complete Structural Engineering service to a variety of Clients. In 1985 Frederick Markland established the Consultancy in the heart of Bolton. We provide excellent Structural Engineering Designs and Solutions to a wide range of projects.
Marklands has developed a large client base that spans the whole of the United Kingdom in a variety of sectors including:
- industrial, and
- leisure sectors.
We undertake the design of brand new buildings, adaptations of existing buildings along with structural surveys. We design in materials such as timber, masonry, concrete and steel.
Our location enables us to travel to a number of areas efficiently, Greater Manchester, Yorkshire, North Wales and Cumbria, having the M60 and M61 close by.
Our team comprises Chartered Structural Engineers recognised by The Institution of Structural Engineers and Graduate Engineers who are undergoing further education, training and gaining knowledge and experience to become Chartered Structural Engineers.
Members of the team have powered access licences which allows Marklands to be more flexible and useful to your surveying needs and keeping work in house means that cost are kept to a minimum for our clients.
If you are looking for consulting structural engineers look no further, give us a call today on 01204 531 208 to discuss your project.
- traditional consultancy role
- feasibility studies
- conceptual designs
- desk studies / organisation of site investigation
- structural surveys, assessments and monitoring
- investigation of building defects / failures
- advice to contractors on construction problems
- preparing engineering calculations, specifications and drawings for: steel structures and connections, reinforced concrete structures, foundations, retaining walls masonry and timber structures
- designing extensions and alterations to existing structures
- proposing remedial works such as underpinning or strengthening
- preparing alternative solutions and providing cost advice
- selecting and specifying materials
- obtaining tenders and Building Regulation approval
- administering a contract for construction or repairs
- advising on structural matters in legal cases and disputes